• 25g butter
• 1 small leek, white and light green part, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 350g mixed mushrooms, left whole or sliced if large
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ¼ cup white wine
• ¾ cup Harraways Steel Cut Oats
• ¼ - ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2. Add the leek and cook until very soft, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms and herbs and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Increase the heat to medium, pour in the white wine and allow to bubble up. Add the steel cut oats and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
4. Add 2 cups of hot stock and cook until the oats have absorbed most of the stock. Add remaining stock and cook until the oats are tender, 8-10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.