500g lean beef mince
1 medium onion chopped finely
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
1 teaspoon curry powder
1½ cups Harraways Rolled Oats
Seasoning to taste
2 teaspoons of your favourite herbs (parsley, cajun spice or mixed herbs)
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 bunch of fresh basil, torn roughly
Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
2. Mix in chopped onion and garlic. Add mince and rolled oats and mix well. Shape into meatballs and place on a well-oiled tray.
3. Cook meatballs in a lightly oiled pan for 8 -10 minutes each side until evenly brown on all sides.
4. To make the sauce saute the onion in a little oil in a medium fry pan, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until light and golden. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, thyme leaves, sugar and half of the basil. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat, until the sauce has thickened.
6. To serve spoon cooked meatballs over prepared pasta, and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle over the rest of the basil and grated Parmesan cheese to taste.