• 2 cups Harraways Traditional Wholegrain Oats
• 4 Tbsp Chia seeds
• 4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
• ½ tsp fine salt
• ¼ cup dark chocolate chopped (look for good quality dark chocolate that is low in sugar)
• ½ cup of unsalted cashews or almonds, roughly chopped
• ½ cup light olive oil
• 2 Tbsp Honey
• ½ cup chopped dried apricots (or dates, dried goji berries)
• 4 Tbsp shredded coconut
2. Finely chop dark chocolate. In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (except dried fruit and coconut). Add wet ingredients and stir until evenly distributed.
3. Spread the mixture onto the baking tray.
4. Bake for 25 minutes (or until evenly browned / toasted to your liking).
Shake the trays after 10 minutes to toast evenly and stir occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool.
6. Once cool, add dried fruit and coconut and transfer to an airtight container.
Enjoy as a topping on baked fruit, fresh fruit, on top of your smoothie or smoothie bowl. Or as a crunchy topping on your overnight oats.
If you are nut-free, replace nuts with pumpkin or sunflower seeds.