• 1 cup of pitted dates
• 1/3 cup boiling water to soak dates
• 2 cups of Harraways Rolled Oats
• ½ cup of desiccated coconut OR ½ cup of ground almonds
• 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
• ½ tsp vanilla essence
• 2 Tbsp milk (e.g. oat, soy, almond, cow)
Optional: Add 2 Tbsp each of chopped nuts and seeds to base
• 2 heaped Tbsp Passionfruit curd
• 125gm Lite cream cheese (half of a small tub)
• 3 Tbsp unsweetened Greek plain yoghurt
1. In a small bowl soak dates in boiled water for 10 minutes.
2. In a blender mix oats, coconut and cocoa powder and blend until rough mixture. Add soaked dates including the water, vanilla essence and milk and blend until it is a cookie dough consistency. By hand stir in chopped nuts or seeds (optional).
3. Line a tin (31cm round or square tin) with baking paper and press the base into the tin. Put in the fridge while making topping.
4. In a bowl mix by hand the passionfruit curd, cream cheese and yoghurt until smooth and blended. Spoon topping over the base and set in fridge or freezer for a few hours. Once set, cut into small slices. Store in the fridge in a covered container.