• 1 tsp chilli powder (more if you like it spicy)
• ½ tsp dried oregano
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1½ tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp black pepper
• pinch cinnamon
• pinch of ground cloves
• 1 tsp oil (sesame, peanut, olive)
• 1 medium red or brown onion
• 1 tsp crushed garlic
• ½ red pepper, chopped
• 1 cup corn (frozen)
• 1 cup peas (frozen)
• 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
• 2 ½ cups of low sodium chicken stock
• 1 cup Harraways Traditional Wholegrain Oats
• 1 medium Jalapeno diced
• 1 Avocado diced
• 2 Tomatoes chopped
• Grated cheese
• Lettuce chopped
• Sliced cucumber
• Grated carrot
• Lite Sour cream
2. Prepare the fresh produce toppings.
3. In a large frying pan add a tsp of oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 2-4 minutes on medium low heat. Then add the peppers, corn, peas and ½ the spice mix. Stir to combine.
4. Cook for an additional 4 minutes and add the beans. Reduce the heat to low and stir, cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, combine the stock, oats and remainder of the spice mix and simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. When the oats are cooked, spoon into a bowl and top with the bean mixture and toppings. OR in tacos spoon in oat mixture, followed by bean mixture and add toppings
Note: If you would like a meat option, you could add beef mince to this recipe and cook with the pepper and bean mixture.