- 2 large Feijoas, peeled and chopped [Provides 64% of your RDI of vitamin C. Some evidence suggests a high vitamin C intake can reduce the duration of cold virus in Winter]
- Handful of ice cubes
- ½ cup Harraways NEW Raspberry Coconut Oats LESS SUGAR
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ cup of milk (cow, almond, soy, coconut, almond, oat)
- Handful of thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 Feijoa, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut (desiccated, thread or flakes)
- 1 Tablespoon of nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios or macadamia)
- 1 Tablespoon of sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 3 dates, chopped
2. Sprinkle toppings over the smoothie and serve!
TIP: Make the smoothie bowl just before serving so that it doesn’t go brown.
Looking for a present idea for Mother’s Day? Perhaps get her a feijoa plant so that every Mother’s Day she can have her own, home-grown feijoa's!
Feijoa’s freeze well! Just peel them and chop into chunks and you can enjoy out of season.
A few frozen Avocado chunks would be delicious in this too!
If your Mum loves green smoothies add a few washed spinach leaves.
- 1 tbsp Harraways Wholegrain Oats
- Peanut butter
- Goji berries
- Fresh fruit - kiwifruit, berries, bananas
- Chia, Pumpkin, Sunflower seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Fresh mint leaves