• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 eggs
• ¾ cup milk
• ½ cup grated cheese *
• ½ cup Harraways Scotch Oats
• 1 x 410gm can of creamed corn or corn kernels
* Replace grated cheese for feta cheese if you wish.
2. Once you have a smooth batter gently fold through the oats and corn. Season well with salt and pepper. Do not overwork otherwise you will have tough fritters.
3. Spray a non-stick pan or grill with non-stick spray and warm to a medium heat. Cook fritters in batches. Spoon about 2 Tbsp per fritter onto pan or grill. Flip when golden brown and cook the other side until batter is cooked through. Place on a paper towel and continue with remaining batter.
Serve with chopped vegetables, avocado and tomato salsa (cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers, cucumber, carrot sticks).
Other vegetables can be added to the salsa mixture such as grated carrot, grated courgette (squeeze excess moisture out), chopped capsicum, peas etc.