• 1/3 cup of ground flaxseed (also known as linseeds)
• 1½ cups of Harraways Rolled Oats
• 1 cup of desiccated coconut
• 2 pinches of salt
• 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
• 1-2 Tbsp Brewers yeast
• 1 cup of pitted dates (plus approx. ½ to ¾ cup of boiling water to soften)
• 2 Tbsp nut butter
• 1/3 cup of olive oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
• ½ cup of your choice of sweetening agent (e.g.honey)
Add 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips, to make a choc chip version.
Add 1/3 cup of dried apricots or raisins for a fruit version.
1. Preheat oven to 180˚Celsius.
2. Place fennel seeds in a fry pan and toast on medium heat for a few minutes until lightly golden and fragrant. Cool.
3. Grind ½ cup of the oats and the fennel seeds into a flour. Do this by placing them in a high speed blender or food processor.
4. In a bowl combine the ground flaxseed with the flour you just made with the remaining rolled oats. Add the coconut, salt, cinnamon and brewers yeast and mix together.
5. In a food processor or blender process the dates and water till they form a paste. Then add the nut butter, olive oil, vanilla and pulse.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry plus the honey and mix with a spoon until they are well combined.
If you wish to add choc chips or dried fruit, cut them small and add them at this point.
7. Take 1 dessert spoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a lined baking try and press down to form round cookies that are approx. 5mm thick.
8. Bake the cookies for 16 mins. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
Store in an airtight container for several weeks