• ½ cup of milk (cow, soy, almond, oat). Note: pikelets are a thicker batter than pancakes.
• 1 mashed ripe banana
• 3 drops of vanilla essence
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 2/3 cup wholemeal flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ cup Harraways Rolled Oats
• ½ cup of blueberries (if frozen, defrost first)
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and sprinkle in oats. Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in wet ingredients, mix until just combined- do not over mix. You can add a splash of milk at a time as the mixture should drop off the spoon but not be too runny. Lastly fold in blueberries.
3. Heat grill or non-stick fry pan to a medium heat. Spray with oil or a little rice bran oil.
4. Drop dessert spoonful onto a grill or non-stick fry pan. Cook until small bubbles pop on the surface, flip over and cook the other side.
Serve with sliced banana, blueberries and Greek yoghurt.