• ½ cup plain flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 1 egg white
• ¾ cup milk
• 25g butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
• Seasonal fresh fruit and maple syrup, to serve
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt, and make a well in the middle. Combine egg, milk and melted butter, and pour into the well. Add oats and stir to combine.
2. Leave to sit for 5 minutes. Beat egg white until just stiff and fold through batter.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter and allow to sizzle, then drop in ¼ cup of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. Cook the other side until golden.
4. Place pancakes on a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup.