• 200ml milk, plus extra for brushing
• 1 cup high-grade flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup wholemeal flour
• 75g butter, diced
2. Combine the rolled oats and milk in a bowl and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
3. Sift the white flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, and stir in the wholemeal flour. Rub in the butter, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Using a knife, gently mix in the oats mixture to form a dough, adding more milk if required.
4. Turn dough out on to a floured benchtop and roll out to 2cm thickness. Cut out 6cm rounds, placing on the tray as you go. Brush with milk, and scatter a few extra oats over the top.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until risen. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.