• 150g wholemeal flour
• Good pinch salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 150g butter, softened
• 6 Tablespoons apple puree
• Cheese, honey and dried fruits, to serve
2. Combine rolled oats, flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Cream the butter, then add apple puree, half at a time, and beat well. Beat in the dry ingredients.
4. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, placing on the prepared trays as you go. Flatten with a fork dipped in cold water.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Leave biscuits to cool slightly, before removing to a cooling rack, then store in an airtight container.
6. Serve with your favourite cheese, honey and fruits.