Healthy Living Snacks Recipes
Peanut butter balls
You can double, triple the recipe and freeze the extra balls
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (100% peanuts- no added salt/ sugar or vegetable oils)
- 2 Oat Activ Sachets (90g)
- 2 squares dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Shredded coconut, sesame seeds or almond flour for rolling
- Roughly chop the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Lightly spray a small frying pan with oil and add the chopped seeds. Lightly warm the seeds until they start to brown, do not burn. Remove from heat and pour the seeds into a small mixing bowl.
- Add to the bowl the peanut butter, oats. Roughly chop the chocolate and add this to the bowl. Add the honey and mix together.
- Using a measuring spoon, measure out level tablespoon sized portions of the mixture and shape into balls with your fingers. Roll each one in coconut or almond flour and refrigerate or freeze.