Healthy Living :: Quick Snacks
Fruit & Nut bars
This may be a little time consuming to prepare and bake, but it's economical and you
know exactly what ingredients are in it:-
- 60g apricots
- 60g dates
- 60g figs
- 60g sultanas
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 60g hazelnuts
- 100g Harraways Rolled Oats
- 5-30ml of lemon juice
- 15 ml apple juice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Finely chop or mince the fruit and nuts
- Mix all ingredients together well
- Press into a lightly greased baking tin
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Cut into slices whilst still warm. Store in an airtight container.
Store in an airtight container.
Date and Oat slice suitable for diabetics.
This snack recipe is very tasty but has a tendency to crumble.
Back to :: Download this recipe as pdf