Wholegrain crackers, perfect for entertaining
Healthy Living Biscuit Recipes
Harraways Oat Crackers
- 2 Tbsp Tick approved margarine
- 3 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ¾ Cup Harraways Scotch Oats
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice (optional)
- 1 ¼ Cups Wholemeal flour
- 1 Tbsp Ground almonds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg + 1 egg white (size 6)
- 1 Tbsp Low fat milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt spread, brown sugar and water in a sauce pan on a low heat until sugar dissolves. Then allow to cool.
- Mix flour and baking soda together. Stir in Harraways Scotch Oats, sesame seeds, cumin seeds (and Cajun spice) (ground almonds), then add to the cooled mixture.
- Once you have rubbed in the dry ingredient and the textures resembles a crumble consistency then add all the wet ingredients (egg+ additional egg white and milk) to combine the dough.
- Roll dough out on a well-floured clean surface until it is approx. 2-3mm thick. Then cut your desired shapes using a sharp knife or cookie cutter. Makes 40 crackers.
- Place on to a baking tray lined with baking paper and place into the oven at 180°C for 10-12mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, turn crisps over and allow to cool on the tray.
- Store these in an air-tight container once completely cool.
- Top with your flavour toppings.
Recommended serving 3 crackers -
446kJ, 13.5g carbohydrate, 3g sugar