• ½ cup caster sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ cup cold unsalted butter, diced
• ¾ cup Harraways Rolled Oats
• ½ cup dried cranberries
• Zest of one orange
• ¾ cup buttermilk
2. Add the butter and cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the rolled oats, dried cranberries and zest. Stir in the buttermilk (adding more buttermilk if necessary) and mix just until the dough comes together.
3. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough four or five times and then pat, or roll, the dough into an 18 cm circle. Cut into 8 triangular pieces.
4. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little cream and sprinkle with a few rolled oats.
5. Bake for about 15 - 18 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a scone comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.