1 cup plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup Harraways Rolled Oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
½ cup milk
¼ cup crystalised ginger, chopped finely
400g tin pears, drained and sliced
1 cup caster sugar
¼ cup crystallised ginger, chopping finely
1 cup water
2. Sift flour, baking powder and ground ginger together. Mix through the oats.
3. In another bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and crystalised ginger.
4. Add the sifted ingredients and milk, and mix until just combined.
5. Transfer mixture to the prepared tin and lay sliced pears on top, pushing them into the mixture slightly.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes until cooked.
7. Remove from the oven and while still hot pour over the warm ginger syrup and allow the cake to soak for 10-15 minutes in the tin, before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
1. In a medium saucepan, bring to the boil the sugar, water and ginger.
2. Simmer for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, until sugar dissolves.