Healthy Living :: Quick Snacks
Sesame Oat Crisps
Makes approx 28-30 crisps
- 1 ¼ cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons golden syrup
- ¾ cup Harraways Scotch Oats
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate.
- 1 tablespoon powdered almonds (roast almonds and coarsely grind - optional)
- Over low heat, melt butter, brown sugar and golden syrup until the sugar dissolves.
Stir in oats, sesame seeds, ground almonds and flour. Mix in the soda bicarbonate.
The resultant dough will be sticky.
- Pinch some dough (about a small lemon sized ball) and flatten with your finger onto
greased cookie sheet. Using your fingers, spread or flatten out to form a thin round.
Place crisps at a distance of 4-5 cm apart as they spread out a lot.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 C for about 17-18 minutes till the edges are
slightly toasted or turn golden. Once baked, the crisp will be soft. After removing
from oven, let it cool for 2-3 minutes and then use a thin spatula to remove the
crisps carefully onto a wire rack to cool. They will harden on cooling.
- 4.Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight container once completely cool.
Back to :: Download this recipe as pdf