Healthy Living :: Quick Snacks
- 250 pack of dried dates
- 200ml water
- 250g butter
- 30 ml of honey
- 175g plain whole meal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g Harraways Rolled oats
- Place the dates in a small pan with the water and simmer gently, cook until soft,
remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Melt the butter and honey.
- Add the flour, baking powder and oats.
- Stir together.
- Grease a 20 cm x 20 cm tin or try.
- Press half the mixture into the base of the tin.
- Spread the date mixture on the top.
- Finally, top with the rest of the dry mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 175C.
- Allow to cool before cutting into pieces.
- Leave in the tin until cooled.
Back to :: Download this recipe as pdf